Row by Row Experience is a low-stress, fun way to welcome customers into your store. It’s an international event for your shop without large financial and time commitments. There are no meetings to attend and no big prizes to give out. Maintain your regular summer hours - the Row by Row Experience runs in the background of your other summer events in your store.
All shops follow the same theme and design a pattern for a row in a quilt. Customers travel to receive your free pattern! Choose to kit your row and add revenue to your summer months.
Design your Row by Row Experience the way you want. Choose from optional add-on sales with collectible, personalized FabricPlates™ by Zebra Patterns, a coordinating fabric line by Timeless Treasures, charms and pins from Pin Peddlers and much more.
Your store benefits from international marketing by Row by Row Experience and some of the biggest vendors in the industry. Take part in Row by Row's strong social media presence on Facebook and Instagram. Membership includes a listing on the Row by Row Experience® interactive map, on the downloadable area list and the Row by Row website.
Design a bigger experience for your shop with participation in the charity focused The 9th Row and the all new Row by Row Junior, an experience just for kids.
3,122 quilt shops in the across the USA, Canada and Europe participated in 2016 Row by Row Experience. Shops around the world are welcome to join in 2017! There are no borders for customers. They travel to any participating area, collect row patterns and include them in their quilt.
1. Exist as an independent brick and mortar quilt shop and be open for regular summer hours. Quilt shop is defined as a retail store that carries the materials necessary to create a quilt: fabric on the bolt, thread, batting and inspiration!
2. Design a quilt row following the Row by Row Experience® design guidelines and produce a pattern for the row.* Quilter must be able to complete your row using only the complimentary pattern pieces, instructions and photo or diagram. Pattern must include store contact information.
3. Email photo of completed row to your area coordinator no later than June 1, 2017. Rows sent after June 1 may not be included in the Row by Row Experience® marketing program.
4. Provide one copy of the pattern for free to anyone who enters your store and requests it from June 21 through Sept. 5, 2017. Patterns may not be distributed online, by mail, or at venues outside the store during this time period, such as shows or events.
5. Shops that choose to sell kits must include a copy of the pattern in every kit. Kits may not be distributed online, by mail, or at venues outside the store during this time period, such as shows or events.
6. Not distribute patterns and kits in any way during quilting challenge period Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, 2017 (also known as the Hibernation Period). Patterns and kits may be sold in any way after Oct. 31, 2017.
Shop registration period:
Nov. 1, 2016 - May 15, 2017
($100 Late Fee after March 1, 2017)
Row photo emailed to area coordinator:
June 1, 2017
Pattern ready to hand out:
June 21, 2017
collect and shop:
June 21 - Sept. 5, 2017
Customers bring in
completed quilt for prize:
June 21 - Oct. 31, 2017
Sept. 6 - Oct. 31, 2017
No patterns or kits may be
sold or handed out in any
way during this time.
The game is over!
November 1, 2017
Row patterns and kits may
be sold however you wish.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.